Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Rendering of Accounts (By a Singer)

THE RENDERING OF ACCOUNTS (By a Singer)


Prologue : I asked Jesus : ‘How much do You love me?’
And He opened up His arms and died for me.

Chapter I : Life
Then it was my turn to tell Jesus
How much I loved Him
And this is what I said :

Epilogue : Judgement Day (The Rendering of Accounts)

V1 It’s been a long, and hard journey Lord
I’ve traveled over land and sea
Through good times, bad times, rain, sun and snow
Forgetting you when the going was good
And blaming you Lord
When the going got too rough

V2 It seems like it were yesterday, Lord
I’d set out with the silver pieces
But, Alas! Time waits for no one
The day has come and I stand before you Lord
For the rendering, of my accounts

CH Lord, I hereby render my accounts to You
Of what I have done and of what I have failed to do
The silver talents You put into my hands
Most I let go just too easily
Some I let be as they were
But one Lord, I made the most of
Singing is all I have done Lord
Singing is all I can do, Lord
Singing is all I have done

V3 When I arrived on the scene, Lord
The whole world lay there at my feet
I could have had my pick or walked on by
I tried my best to be true to you
But I did cheat at times
When I thought You would’nt be looking

V4 Beautiful was I when I set out Lord
Now I stand in rags before You
But it does’nt matter now anymore
It’s the end of the road and I stand before you, Lord
For the rendering, of my accounts

NOEL GAMA
13.05.91

No comments: