Thursday, September 15, 2005

A Message from the heart

This song is dedicated to the youngest band-member of my first band who passed away suddenly in 1993.


Intro

Can you hear me? I’m calling you
Its your best friend; bet you know just who
Reggae-music? How we both loved it
Emanuel! This is Noel, calling from the heart

V1
You were just a kid
Struggling with your dad’s guitar
When we two first met
And you could only strum ‘C’
We joined our first band that day
Played side by side for years
Keeping time all the while
Never lookin’ at the clock

Refrain
And you sang: “Sha-la-la, Sha-la-la, Sha-la-la
Baby, I love you”

V2
At first it was Country
And later Rock ‘N’ Roll
Next it was Disco
Oh! How it made you go!
But then came in Reggae
The music of the soul
And it sure got us jamming
And jamming till dawn


Refrain
And you sang: “Sha-la-la, Sha-la-la, Sha-la-la
Sweet Reggae-music, I love you”

V3
Do you remember
The trip to Rajasthan?
Lucknow & Delhi
And Gujarat too?
You made a hit in Macau
We heard you on the radio
But most of all buddy
You’re missed in Daman

Refrain
And you sang: “Sha-la-la, Sha-la-la, Sha-la-la
Glad to be back home, I love you”

V4
Last night as I lay sleeping
And crying in my dream
You wiped away the tears
And sang your best song
This morning when I woke
I found a kerchief on my pillow
I bet it was left there
By you, just for me

Refrain
And I sang: “Sha-la-la, Sha-la-la
Sweet memories will never die
“Sha-la-la, Sha-la-la,
Sweet memories they never die
Sweet memories can never die”


Noel Gama
1.10.93

No comments: